Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Friday, April 30, 2010

End of the year

It’s the end of the year and I’m all packed up and moving out this evening. It’s been a an amazing year and though I’ve had my tough moments, I’ve loved it. It’s been a good growing season. I’ve been stretched in places I didn’t know I could stretch. But God has been faithful to me, even in my low moments where I gripped and complained. He’s so good to me still.

My summer plans? Get a job. My life has been thrown into a loop these past two weeks but I was reminded to keep looking at this as my adventure. My life adventure that I dreamed and fantasized about all growing up. And now here I am… not where I thought I’d be, or doing what I thought I’d be doing. But I am happy. I’m taking it moment by moment and asking God to reveal himself in these moments.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This scripture is probably one of my favorites because it reminds me of several things. 1. I’m not in control. 2. God has a better plan for my life then I do. 3. All I have to do is seek him out, and he’ll be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment