Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Friday, June 25, 2010

It's not over

Hey Friends. It’s been a little while since I updated.

I'm still working at Ruby Tuesdays. And to be honest I had almost given up hope on possibly attending Regent in the fall. However because God loves me he has put it in my friend’s hearts to fundraise for me. I'm so honored that they care so much to help me graduate. And also today I heard news that my academic advisor might have a plan on me attending in the fall. I have to set up a meeting with him to here these details but I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I want to attend classes in the fall, but it's hard for me to see right now.

When God asked me if I would be ok with not going to class in the fall, I felt like it meant not going. I know sometimes just asks to see what we say or do, but under my circumstances it was very believable. And now... I was looking at some old writings of mine on another blog and God's asked me to give u a dream before. And so it wasn't a surprise. But then I had to sit and ask myself do I really believe I serve a God who keeps taking me away from the dreams he's placed in me? God doesn't want to see me fail.

Most everybody has there own hurts and trust issues. And to each person its deep and personal and not something we think other people can understand. This is how I feel. I mistrust God with my future because I've been hurt so deeply. And God was protecting me in those times I just couldn't see it. I sit here and ask myself how much is God gonna ask me to sacrifice and give up? And then I realized, He asked for all of it.

It’s such a deep slap in the face when you think you're giving your all to God and then you see how much of your flesh you've actually held back. You see yourself in a whole new light. However you can’t dwell on it and have a spiritual pity party. It’s a painful process peeling of the layers of flesh and laying them on the alter and simply trusting God to be Himself, God… the creator and maker of the universe and the lover of your soul.

So I have 8 weeks before school starts again and I believe God can change things. How I thought my life at Regent was going to be certainly isn’t the case… but it’s not time for me to leave yet. I still have learning to do, and I still have lives to touch.

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment