Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Update on life...

So update on my life… I’m looking for a second job because Ruby Tuesday just isn’t going to cut it. I’ve applied at the school for three different positions. I’m concerned that the fact that I’m not in good financial standing is gonna be a problem but I’m praying through it. I mean I need a job in order to pay off tuition. I have some great friends though. My friend Julie has been coming up with ideas and ways to get me money to give the school. At the moment we are working on getting some kids together to do a car wash. I’m excited about it. And I feel honored to have friends care so much about my college education.

In other news. I’m going to the eye doctor on Friday. Secret about me… I’m not a fan of the eye doctor. I asked Tianna to accompany me because I dislike it that much. I haven’t been to the eye doctor in so long. I want to say maybe since I was 13 or 14… maybe earlier… I’m not sure. Ok so I’m a little scared. More because I’m scarred they’ll tell me I need glasses. I know glasses aren’t a big deal anymore. But I’ve had perfect vision since I was a little girl. But I have noticed I’ve had more headaches and I’ve been squinting at my computer and when I read. So they may just be reading glasses, but still. I find it interesting that this would bother me. But I really took my perfect eyesight for granted. No I did more than that. It is a hit to my pride in a sense. I was always so proud that I was the only in my family who didn’t need glasses. Although I have been told that its normal for kids need to get glasses once they reach college because their reading has enhanced. That’s weird that because I read more I need glasses. But oh well. If I need glass then I’ll need glasses. And I’ll just get over it, because it really isn’t a big deal.

So Sarah and I have been reading Shakespeare and going through this Shakespeare book. And it really has been great. And we practiced tap. I miss tap. I miss dancing. I also got her and Jen to give me contacts for voice lessons. I’m not sure I can afford it but I’m at least gonna look at it. I miss singing and I want to get my voice back up to par.

I really think that’s it for right now. Nothing crazy. Same ol same ol.

Yes I’m still working on the being content in the moment thing and not rushing ahead. It’s a hard thing for me to do, but I really do need to enjoy just this moment. Even if it’s a boring moment. Because I think I take life for granted. And I need to take it all in and really enjoy my life, even if its not where I thought I’d be or where I’d thought I’d be. I need to accept it and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    I enjoyed your post :]. I already read it on tumblr, but in looking at this again, I have some other thoughts I'd like to share with you :]


    My favorite Bible passage is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

    My "life motto" if you will, is "Choose Joy." I love talking about this. :] When Paul and Silas were in prison, they rejoiced and sang hymns, the chose joy. Even in the worst circumstances, prison of all places, they made the conscious decision to pray the Lord and demonstrate their joy.

    Even in the rough or boring patches, there is a reason to be joyful. It's funny, because as I write this, I just reminded myself to keep that joy in ALL situations, even the one I'm in now.

    Love you! :]

    Christen

    ReplyDelete