Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Friday, November 20, 2009

OPENING NIGHT!!!

Hey Bloggers! It’s opening night of As You Like It!!!! The show is so funny and we are just having a blast.

I’m the sound operator for this show, which is so fun because I get to be on headset and we have the best time on headset. There have been a couple snafus that have occurred but I believe we will have a wonderful opening night.

Teching a show is so exhausting but so much fun. And I’m glad I’m working on a show that I don’t mind seeing over and over a bazillion times. The actors are amazing and so is the tech crew. We all get along so great (which is always necessary when in the theatre).

I’ve learned a lot about sound, but also I’ve learned quite a bit from the MFA actors. They are so talented and I love watching their drive and dedication. And watching how they hone their craft. I’ve learned quite a bit of little tid bits on acting and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to use them.

This tech experience is so different from my high school. I mean I loved ARGS and everything it taught me, but here at Regent the atmosphere is just different. There aren’t any Divas and everyone looks out for everyone else’s back. O the drama is not the case here. I think that’s my favorite part. There is no drama here with the theatre people. In the commons sure I see drama all the time, but when I’m here in this space, with these amazing people, there’s no vendetta, there’s no drama, and he said she said, and its just fun and peaceful.

Yes we are all tired, but we aren’t cranky. We all have masses of homework to do, papers to write, tests to study for, but we encourage each other. It really is the best environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment