Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Theatre dreams

Hey guys! This is my first blog for Regent. I have actually been blogging for about 7 years on Xanga. I did have a bout 2 year laps of blogging, but I felt God wanted me to pick it back up again. It's amazing the people you can impact by blogging.

Today I thought I'd share a little bit about why I'm a theatre major and what I think God wants me to do with my degree. See I’ve been performing ever since I can remember. I was born in November and that December I played baby Jesus in the Christmas pageant. So I’ve known I was to do great things ever since. LOL. Anyway, I love performing but I also enjoying playwrighting. And part of my dream is to maybe start a theatre company that travels around the world. I think I will have a tech crew and we will submerge ourselves into a country for a little while and I’ll write a play that will speak to the people in there own language and I want to have them audition and perform the play. Also I want to eventually build performing art centers for people of all ages. Where anyone can come for free and learn to act, dance, paint, play an instrument etc. God has given people so many talents and in many of these countries they never get to learn how to perform or paint because they have to concern themselves with survival. But part of theses schools will give people opportunities to make money with their talent to support their family.

It’s a big dream but its what God’s placed in my heart and I’m not sure how it will all play out but I’m excited about what God has for me and I know that Regent is just the beginning building blocks for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment