Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vulnerable


So, being a Regent Student does have its tough moments. Like money.. but I've heard money problems is not just a college thing but a general struggle. As a person I’ve always prayed against financial struggles for when I was married. I've seen to many families broken up over money that I didn't want that to be a problem for my future husband and me.

Well God has been very good to me. a couple weeks ago I was freaking out about paying rent because I haven't found a job yet and I have no incoming income. My parents are not helping with college so I’m on my own and have done everything I know how to do. The government of course thinks I have plenty of money because of my parent’s income but they don’t seem to understand that I’m on my own. So anyway one day someone slipped an envelope with my name on it under my door. Well it had money to go towards my rent. It wasn’t the whole amount but I was grateful for anything. Well I turned it in and it was all I had.

Yesterday I got a notice saying I had until the 15th to come up with the rest or I’ll be kicked out of the commons by the 20th. I was... disheartened to say the least.

I sat on my bedroom floor crying... not sure what to do... so tired... and I said.. "God, I cant fight anymore... its all out of me." And I just cried and then i sensed him and he came and he picked me up in his arms and said "I'll carry you now" And I just remember crying into his shoulder as he stroked my hair saying it would be all right. And he rocked me and shhhd me... and I just cried into his shoulder. And then he danced with y in his arms. It was slow and I didn’t have to do anything. I was up in his arms like a 5 year old child.. in the fetal position... and he sang over me and loved me.

It was amazing.

So to those of you who are struggling with finances, God's gonna carry you through this hard time. Just be fully vulnerable and say "Daddy I cant do this on my own" and he'll come and pick you up and carry you through while whispering how much he loves you.


1 comment:

  1. All I can say is God is SO good and He so cares for us. I know how you feel, but God, he cares for us!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete