Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Acting Lessons

So I’m frustrated. I seem to have this problem I can’t get past. I’ve done it in class, I’ve done it in rehearsals, I’ve gotten notes on it over and over again… And yes at this point I’m discouraged, upset with myself. How do I stop it?

Ok so I have this problem of breaking character. I’m in these serious rolls that are funny because my character is so serious. And I’m suppose to look people in the eye… but there faces or they just make me laugh or I hear the laughter of the audience and it just breaks, I’m too much in my head.

So I wasn’t really getting help with how to help this, so I talked to Dr. Kirkland. I live in his house and can get acting help from him. I’m too much in my head and not as engaged in my other. Which is hard when my other isn’t engaged fully in me.

So the show opens tomorrow and I need to get out of my head and make Amanda real. And move past the as if and make it an undertone.

Wow, I just feel like I’ve failed this go around acting wise. But it’s ok. It’s all part of the learning process and the show will go on and it will be good. I’m getting my act together and things are going to shift.

No this is isn’t Painted Rain, but it should be just as awesome as all my other experiences.

I’m sorry I’ve been a Debbie Downer. Things will change.

K thanks J

No comments:

Post a Comment