Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Saturday, May 29, 2010

15 Random Thoughts

People are silly complex beings whom God loves... but sometimes I just don’t understand why.

2. I was in Food Lion today and a little girl who looked exactly like Dora the Explorer was sitting in one of the carts that looked like a car and a police officer was hovering around.. I thought odd…. Come to fine out the little girl had been left L she had to of been no more then 2 or 3.

3. I’ve been rather emotional this week which only means one thing, my end of sentence punctuation is coming soon :/

4. I have this crazy love for learning, watching, and performing Shakespeare but when it comes to actually reading it I sometimes get bored….

5. I owe Regent $8000. I have no idea how I’m going to pay them so that I can take classes in the fall.

6. God asked me a week or two back if I’d be ok with not going back to Regent for a semester… I have yet to give him an answer.

7. I realized that I have been desperately trying to replace a friendship from my past with people in my present. This isn’t ok because I can never have that friendship back again, and I need to be happy with the friendships I make as they are not make them into something else.

8. I’m always trying to jump ahead and I need to spend more time enjoying the moment I’m in.

9. I use to be so passionate about my dreams and God’s plan for me… and now I’m in this place of… almost complacency… I don’t think it’s ok to be complacent.

10. There is a person who has made me feel used. They came around a lot and many things happened and we got close... and then they disappeared… leaving me wondering… oh so many things…

11. I have this crazy thing for lemons… so crazy I get tempted to just grab a lemon from the basket at work and bite into it.. but I don’t because it’s for the water’s and tea’s.

12. I don’t understand why everyone is breaking up… I mean seriously... what is up with all of that?

13. I know this may sound odd… but I really do enjoy spending time with homosexuals… I mean yes I know God is disgusted with there lifestyle… but he loves them.. and I do too… they can be so much fun… when they aren’t stuck on sex and lust.

14. There are so many people I should be praying for… who have asked me to pray for them… but lately I have not interceded on there behalf like I should have. I mean I still pray… but that intense intercession has not occurred.

15. I have a childhood dream that I haven’t let go of yet… I want to marry an African prince… and go save his country one play at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment