Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Home, New Relationship, Growth Amongst It All

This new home that I’m living in is very interesting. My room is nice and probably the biggest room I’ve ever lived in... no Smoke Tree was probably the same size I just never new it with 3 people living in it. But anyway.. I made the room all me and I love it.

The people I live with, are cookie and crazy and fun and funny and weird and just all around a bunch of fun. First there’s Derrick. He and I share a bathroom. Derrick is a strange one but I love him for his strangeness. He’s got black hair piercings and tattoo’s. But he loves Jesus like crazy and he’s fun to be around. He’s a drama queen. He loves shopping and he’s all about his appearance. He’s not arrogant or egotistical... he’s just… Derrick. I haven’t had much opportunity to get to know him considering how little he’s home. But when we have talked he seems cool. We have these fake fights like a brother and sister and slam our bedroom doors at the same time.

At times it feels like Derrick and I are Tianna and Andrew’s kids, which is ironic considering both Derrick and I Are older then Andrew and Tianna. But it’s a fun little family dynamic. I’m learning to like it.

And then comes Andrew, Tianna’s husband. He’s a funny guy. He seems shy at first. But he’s just as corky and silly so perfect for Tianna. They really are cute together.

And then comes Tianna. My crazy friend. Tianna is becoming one of my best friends and she is so much fun. She has her moments but so do I and we have had our moments of rubbing up against each other, but we work it out. God is really stretching both of us in this relationship. Which is good. I need friends who will challenge me and stretch me and will sharpen me. I love Tianna and her craziness. It allows me to remember that I’m crazy and I’m slowly letting the edge go and be cool and chill… like I am at home with my family. I could be that person in the commons.. it didn’t feel homey I guess… it didn’t feel like a real apartment… it was a dorm.

But I really do love this home that I’m in. Every one loves Jesus and even though there are times of frustration we work really well together. I love all of them and look forward to this summers adventures.

Also Praise the Lord, it looks like I have a job at Ruby Tuesdays. YAY!!!! Praise God!!! Because I really need this job. I’m hoping I can still audition at community theatres. I’m learning to expect God to do what I ask him to do. It’s something I use to do but then I forgot or backtracked or something. But as I said in previous posts.. this is a new season where God and I are working on our relationship. Where I expect God to show up in my life. I expect the supernatural. I expect the favor he has already given me. God is so good and I forgot so many times this past semester to thank him for the little things. Look for Him in the small things of my day. But that’s what I’m doing again.

So here I am in my new season and God is blessing. And I’m so honored and privileged in his love and blessing. I so don’t deserve all that Christ has and is doing for me and their isn’t enough praise that could come out of my lips for it all. There aren’t words to express my love and gratitude in my great big God.

I love you God, Abba Father! You e so awesome and I just give you praise for all you’ve done, all you’re doing, and all that you’re going to do in my life in the near and far future!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete