Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh the day I've had

So today I went to the library, got a bunch of books and songbooks for my audition tomorrow. Went to work orientation where I watched movies and filled out more paperwork and got my schedule for the next week.

Then came home grabbed some food, made my friend Geoffrey a going away card and then headed over to his party. It was a very chill group. We at first just sat around and talked and then watched a rather funny comedian whose name leaves me at the moment. And then we played the game Scene It? I was not good at this game but Geoffrey was and he won the game, which is good considering it was his going away party. Then it was suggested we go on an adventure. And it was up to Geoffrey and he wanted to go explore the COMM building. Well there were only 2 COMM students in the entire group. So we went and our keys were shut off sadly… However I used my sneaky skills and got us into the COMM building and in and around different places that Geoffrey had always wanted to see. It was quite exciting showing a bunch of non-theatre kids around. It was fun watching their faces and seeing the realities of the life I live. It was so much fun.

But then I had to say goodbye as they went to explore Regent for the last time.

On my way home I talked to my friend Travis and wished him a happy birthday and that was good to hear his voice again.

Now I’m going to attempt to do an 8min ab workout, spend time with God, and sleep… yep that is my plan J

No comments:

Post a Comment