Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 13.. a letter to someone who hurt you.

Dear Whomever,

You have hurt me. You befriended me and I befriended you and they with as easily as the waves crash on the shore you have turned around and left me. I thought we were close, I thought we were closer than close. But apparently what it seems was I was just a crutch for a moment. I was there and so you used me, and then I wasn’t needed anymore so you dropped out of my world.

I wont put all the blame on you. I know I have my faults too. I got caught up in my own little whirlwind of crazy things happening in my life. I’m not that great of a texted or caller. But it seems that neither are you once a little distance is put between us. So I’m not blaming you for anything. I will share the blame… but I needed you and you weren’t there for me. We were supposed to be true friends but I guess it was just for a moment because you have your friends and I have mine.

I want to say I’ve forgiven you, and part of me has… time and time again I have forgiven you. And time and time again I’ve been let down. I know That Christ would keep forgiving. But I’m not Christ and this cut has been made to deep, so I give you to Christ, I give my hurt to Christ and He will have to forgive you for me until I can truly forgive you myself.

I don’t wish bad things upon you, I still love you, but I cant play the games anymore and I wont be vulnerable anymore. And when major things happen in my life don’t be upset that you didn’t know because you lost that right when you dropped me. Yes I still consider us friends, but the Holy of Holies moment is gone, and I now se that we are really just outer court friends. And that’s ok. Please continue to move on with your life and I do pray God blesses it.

Jessica

P.S. This letter is not directed toward any one person. And I know it may cause some drama, but I don’t care. I’m gonna be honest in my blogs. And honestly folks, we are all adults here, lets act like it.

P.S.S. If you feel that I have possibly dropped you or treated you poorly, then I am sorry my friend. It was surly not my intention. Please forgive me for being a jerk and a bad friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment