Theatre Major

Being a BA theatre major has been such a great experience. Regent really helps performers define who they are as actors and define who they are as Christians in the performing world. What I've learned most being here so far has been how to set up boundaries as a Christian performer and stand by them.

Continuing Education

Coming back to school after a two year break was very scary at first because I felt so far behind from all the people I graduated with, but God showed me that my timing here was perfect. And he has let me meet such wonderful people who have been where I'm at and they encouraged me. And once you're in the classes, you see that there are people of all ages and degrees and that age doesn't matter so much.

Christian Education

I use to say that I would never go to a Christian University because I thought they would be so strict and uptight. Also I didn't think a Christian University would be able to teach me theatre the way I needed it to be taught. Regent completely changed my perspective. They have a wonderful program and they really encourage us in our walk with God and show us how to co-exist in the world as a Christian.

Theatre Degree

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 19… nicknames I have and why I have them

Jess- a common name used by many and all… I figure people just get lazy and don’t want to say a 3 syllable name.

Jessie- my parents gave me this name… it’s just another stem from Jessica

Tissie- a special nickname between me and my sister.

Ica- given to me by Alyssa, a girl on my S.A mission trip in ’04.

Icka- Tianna’s special nickname for me

Jess Mess- The nickname Jessie, my best friend, gave to me when we were coming up with nicknames. We actually have a a lot of nicknames but I seriously cannot write them all down here. This is the one that is the most used.

Nledi- my S.A name given to me by my translator. It means star, and he said he called me that because I was always singing and he hoped I became a big star one day.

Those are the main ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment